It’s no secret that cosmetic surgery can sometimes be pricey. What most people don’t realize is the cost of breast augmentation includes more than just the surgery itself, and that it doesn’t have to be paid for all at once. Let’s go over what price you can expect to pay for your beautiful new breasts, and how you can manage your payments in the process.
What is the Average Cost of Breast Augmentation?
According to statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the average cost of breast augmentation in 2018 was about $3,824. This number may sound surprisingly low, and that’s because it doesn’t take into account any extra fees that may be added to the total cost of your surgery, including surgeon’s fees and anesthesia. A more realistic estimated price point for your procedure is closer to $5,000 to $10,000.
What is Included in the Cost of Breast Augmentation
We mentioned earlier that there are fees that are included in the overall cost of your breast augmentation. These are all included in the total price of your procedure and include:
- Surgeon’s fees. This is money that will go straight to your surgeon after your procedure. The more experienced your surgeon is, the more this price will increase, so don’t skimp out.
- Facility fees. Believe it or not, you’ll actually have to pay for the amount of time you’ll be occupying the operating room during your procedure.
- Anesthesia fees. This covers the anesthesia medication and the anesthesiologist required to make your procedure as comfortable as possible. Again, not an area you want to skimp.
- Breast implants. Yes, you do have to pay for the breast implants you choose for your procedure.
- Post-surgical garments. This includes a specialized bra you will be required to wear after your breast augmentation that is specially designed to support the breasts and reduce swelling.
- Follow-up appointments. This fee isn’t always included in the price of your procedure, but it’s good to double-check anyway. If it’s not, these extra fees can sneak up on you post-op.
How Can I Pay for Breast Augmentation?
Dr. Vu understands not everyone is in the same financial situation and is dedicated to making your treatment as affordable as possible. To do so, he offers financing options through CareCredit® that allow patients to minimize the cost of their treatment. Financing your procedure provides you the opportunity to break down your total bill into smaller, more manageable monthly payments that may better suit your budget and lifestyle.
Are you interested in learning more about your breast augmentation surgery? Contact us today to schedule your one-on-one consultation with Dr. Anh Vu today. He’ll sit down with you, listen to your concerns and develop a personalized treatment plan based on your budget, lifestyle and overall aesthetic goals.